Sunday 1 February 2015

Day Trip To London

So a few weekends ago now, I had a quick day trip to London with my mum. We went to the National Art Gallery at Trafalgar Square so that I could gather inspiration for my textiles project and we spent a relaxing afternoon shopping in regent street! 


This was my outfit of the day. I wore my H&M boyfriend coat, a paisley printed babydoll top, a denim pinafore dress, my navy converse and to top it off a pair of BLUE tights! (I obviously dressed in the dark this day because it wasn't till I was on the train that I realised I had dressed like a wannabe Smurf!)


Have another candid portrait- this time its of me in the Pret a Manger located in Trafalgar Square - who knew there were three in this square to choose from?!


I hope this picture of my lunch just made you hungry!

Here are some nice pictures that I took during the day that I figured I would share with you:)


Everywhere you look in the art gallery there is something beautiful to see such as the stunning roof detailing you can see here. It is now one of my favourite places to visit in London because of the diverse range of people visiting. 

Whilst I was in there I saw a magnificent painting of a horse and I glanced over my shoulder and saw a young girl with her granny, she was holding a little sketchpad and she was attempting to draw the "pwetty horsey" and her tongue was poking out the corner of her mouth as she was concentrating- and the grandma and I exchanged smiles as she got half way through drawing the head when she said "this one is too hard!". Just thinking back on this moment makes me happy because it reminded me so much of my sister and I when we were younger! 

I would love to be able to show you the many beautiful pieces of art work that I had the benefit of seeing that day- but unfortunately due to copy right I can't! However if you are ever in London I highly recommend visiting especially considering it is free:) 


Lets pretend I took this picture because of the bus and not because I liked the lady on the rights fur and camel coat ensemble.... 

All in all I had a lovely day, there is something about London and the street fashion that just makes me so happy and I often forget that when I don't get to go back often! So I can't wait until the next time I can go back to one of my favourite places in the world:)

Until next time,

Charlotte xxx




2 comments:

  1. These photos are lovely, looks like you had a great time! Xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! I love your hair :)
    -Jenna <3
    Check out and follow? The Chic Cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I read every comment you lovely people write and reply to as many as possible!